That’s right! There are 10, no-fail tips that will assure weight loss. Don’t believe us? Read on…
The truth is, weight loss is difficult for many reasons. None of which have anything to do with what actually helps you lose weight.
You see, if you can put everything aside, and just do these 10 things, you absolutely, without question, will lose weight. The real question is, are you willing to do it?
- Eat 5-6 small meals per day. The idea is not to eat more calories, but to spread out the calories you do eat, over several smaller-sized meals. So if you eat three square meals a day, prepare them as you normally would, serving yourself a reasonable portion, and then cut it in half. Eat those halves 2-3 hours apart and watch your metabolism rev like never before!
- Cut out the sugar! Sugar is a huge addiction for many and that is not by accident. But cutting sugar out of your eating plan is a definite way to take off the weight.
- Cut the soda. That’s right, cut the soda. Now, we realize we may lose a few of you here. You read that sentence and said, “no way!“. But the truth is, if you have a weight problem and you drink soda on a regular basis, it is most definitely contributing to your weight problems, either through excess calories, or via artificial sweeteners.
- Get rid of the processed foods. Between genetically modified ingredients, unpronounceable chemicals and ingredients that are so refined they have no nutritional value except for the few vitamins that get added back in by manufacturers, your poor body doesn’t stand a chance. Get some real food in your system and watch your body change.
- Get some sleep. If you are sleep deprived, you are far more likely to have weight problems for two reasons. 1), you are far more likely to take in extra calories by eating later and 2) not getting enough sleep means your hormone levels will be thrown off balance and you will automatically want food, and more of it.
- Drink your water. If you are dehydrated, the body cannot function as it should. Drinking water will help you feel more full, which in turn will help you take in fewer calories.
- Relax. You will have a much harder time getting the weight off if you are stressed. When stress levels go up, and stay up, we produce more Cortisol, which increases our appetites.
- Move. Many of us sit at a desk all day long and then are surprised when we gain weight, or at the very least, can’t lose it. The body was made to move, and not doing so will have consequences. Remember, you don’t have to run a marathon to move. You just have to get up out of that chair and go for a walk or take the stairs. Shoot for 10 minute fitness breaks instead of 10 minute coffee breaks. Your body will thank you.
- Stop eating at 6pm, or whatever time dinner is for you. The point is, once dinner is done, the kitchen should be closed for the night. No excuses. (Unless you have a medical issue, of course)
- Dress the part. While this won’t help you see smaller numbers on the scale, dressing correctly for your body type will definitely help you appear slimmer.