When you’re caught unprepared without a snack, it’s easy to get derailed from your healthy eating plan. We’ve all had “just a few” chips suddenly turn into an empty bag because of poor portion control, and even the most conscientious clean-eater can cave to cravings when caught off-guard by hunger. That’s why we’ve come up with 21 clean eating snack ideas that are easy to grab and served in individual portions to curb overeating.
The perfect snack is right around 100 calories—enough to give you the burst of energy you need and tide you over until mealtime. The list below contains the “good” kind of snacks—those with filling protein and fiber, not just empty carbs that will leave you feeling hungry again a few minutes later.
Keep these pre-portioned bites handy in your fridge and pantry, on a shelf at eye-level so they’re the first option you see when you grab for a snack.
1. No-Bake Workout Bars (featured above)
2. Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Cups
3. Greek Yogurt Cups – add your own fruit
4. Banana Blueberry Bars
5. No Sugar Added Applesauce Cups
6. Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars
7. Low-fat Cottage Cheese Cups
8. Broccoli Tarts
9. Low-fat string cheese
10. Fruit Cups – choose cups with fruit packed in water, not juice
11. Hard boiled eggs
12. No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars