Cardiovascular workouts burn tons of calories but if you are still struggling with your weight loss or body sculpting goals, weightlifting can reduce your overall body fat by about 3 percentage points in 10 weeks if you lift weights two or more times a week. This can mean a loss of as much as three inches!
Read on for the top 25 reasons to lift weights:
- You’ll burn more body fat, and boost metabolism.
- You’ll enjoy a leaner, more defined look.
- You’ll have stronger bones, and reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
- You’ll burn more calories.
- You’ll lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels, and increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol levels.
- You’ll become stronger, and have better endurance.
- You’ll lose belly fat, because your body will actually store less fat (especially in the mid-section).
- You’ll have higher self-esteem, and feel empowered.
- You’ll reduce your risk of injury.
- You’ll have stronger joints.
- You’ll have a better feeling of overall well-being.
- You’ll perform better during any workout.
- You’ll reduce back pain.
- You’ll reduce your risk of heart disease.
- You’ll lower your blood pressure.
- You’ll reduce your risk of diabetes.
- You’ll feel happier, and feel more confident.
- You’ll improve balance, and coordination.
- You’ll lose body fat.
- You’ll have more energy.
- You’ll slim down.
- You’ll improve your posture.
- You’ll lower your risk of breast cancer.
- You’ll reduce PMS symptoms.
- You’ll boost your immune system, and catch fewer colds.
Adding strength training routines to your weight loss program as a part of a varied fitness regimen can provide you all of the benefits listed above, and more! Check out this great muscle-building workout from Skinny Ms.
Share your favorite weight-lifting routine with us by leaving a comment below.