Living a gluten free lifestyle? Then stop what you’re doing and take note! We have 26 gluten-free snacks and meal ideas that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Post this list to the refrigerator for a quick reference.
Skinny Ms. recently released The New Quinoa Recipe eBook featuring scrumptious dishes like, Enchiladas Verde, Asian Stir-Fry and even Apple Crumb Cake…all made with what might be the world’s most perfect food, Quinoa. Be sure to check it out here.
|Gluten-Free Frittata with Kale|
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 heaping cups chopped kale salad greens with carrot shreds
- 2 cups leftover (cooked) gluten-free spaghetti pasta with some sauce
- 4 oz Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella, shredded
- 5 large organic free-range eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk, or vegan sour cream
- Dried basil and oregano, to taste
- Sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- Sea Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the chopped kale salad. Stir until wilted a bit. Add the leftover spaghetti pasta. Stir lightly to combine. Heat through gently. Remove from heat.
- Using tongs, arrange the spaghetti and kale in the bottom of the pie plate.
- Scatter half the vegan mozzarella shreds over the pasta.
- Beat the eggs with the soy milk or vegan sour cream until frothy. Season to taste with dried basil, oregano, nutmeg, sea salt, ground pepper and chives.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the spaghetti and kale and allow the liquid to seep in. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded vegan mozzarella. Sprinkle chopped chives on the top and add a whisper of ground nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake on a center rack for 35 minutes – until the frittata is set and golden in color. Check the center for doneness with a fork, if you like.
- Allow the pasta frittata to cool for a few minutes before serving (this makes it much easier to slice).