Chicken is a great option for dinner because it is packed with protein, and it is usually crowd-pleasing. Unfortunately, chicken has a tendency to get boring, especially when you are eating it several times a week. Luckily, chicken is versatile and can be prepared numerous different ways. The best ways to cook chicken include adding other healthy ingredients to create a complete meal.
Most people find the best chicken dishes are those that incorporate their favorite flavors. Top chicken recipes include: Mexican, Italian, Moroccan, and other ethnic preparations. You can also make healthy chicken recipes simply by poaching or grilling plain chicken and adding it to salads. The best ideas for cooking chicken are limitless, especially if you are willing to experiment with different spices and preparation techniques.
Listed below are some of the best chicken meals available. If you are ever in a slump and looking for a new way to enjoy chicken, our selection of 30 ways to cook chicken can help.
30 Ways to Cook Chicken:
1. Poached: Bring a pot of water to a simmer and drop chicken tenders in it for 8-10 minutes. This process is great for shredding chicken to add to a salad.
2. Casseroles: Creamy pasta dishes aren’t always healthy but our Chicken Florentine Casserole is a clean eating recipe with only 315 calories per serving!
3. “Fried”: Who says you can’t have healthy fried chicken? Try our Slow Cooker Fried Chicken for a delicious alternative to the deep fried option we often crave. Here are two healthier options for fried chicken:
Slow Cooker Fried Chicken
Southern Fried Chicken
4. Roasted: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle salt and pepper on a 3 lb whole chicken. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 160. Remove skin and shred chicken. Add barbecue sauce and serve on whole wheat buns. Or, try this recipe for Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Chicken.
5. Chili: Try our Slow Cooker Chicken Chili for a white-meat alternative to regular chili.
6. Stir-Fry: Our Asian Chicken Wraps are a great way to have chicken stir fry as finger food. Serve them at your next party and you’ll be sure to impress your guests.
7. Stuffed: Bake as normal, but beforehand pound a chicken breast and arrange some spinach, mozzarella cheese and chopped tomatoes on the breast. Roll it up and secure with toothpicks.
8. Burrito or Taco Filler: We love slow cookers! Especially when we can use it to make restaurant-style shredded chicken to make homemade burritos with. Try our Black Bean and Chicken recipe.
9. Nut-Crusted: Dip your chicken in a whisked egg and then into your favorite nut (walnuts work great). Heat in a hot skillet for an added crunch and extra protein. Our recipe for Black Pepper and Walnut Crusted Chicken Breasts is outrageously yummy!
10. Soup: Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is a family favorite and one of the most popular on SkinnyMs..
11. Easy Asian Fusion: Feeling like takeout? Try our Sesame Honey Chicken.
12. BBQ: The best way to BBQ chicken is to baste it with BBQ sauce while it’s on the grill. This prevents the chicken from drying out and brings out the flavor of the sauce without burning it. Try this recipe for Slow Cooker Spicy Barbecued Chicken.
13. Pizza: Try this unique pizza recipe – Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza.
14. Spice Rubbed: Try rubbing equal proportions of garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and oregano with a pinch of salt on two chicken fillets. Let it sit for about an hour and sear in a pan for added flavor without a heavy sauce.
15. Italian-style: Chicken can be added to just about any Italian dish to up the protein content. It even allows you to cut down on pasta servings in a dish without leaving diners feeling deprived. Here’s a Healthy Chicken Parmesan recipe to add to this week’s dinner menu.
16. Simple Thai: Craving try food? This Thai Peanut Chicken recipe is easy and delicious!
17. Pita: You can make plain baked or grilled chicken and add it to pita bread, or you can get creative with leftovers and make a sandwich with a special kick. Check out this recipe for Greek Pita Sandwich Recipe made with seared chicken strips.
18. Blackened: You can buy blackening spice at the store and heat an iron skillet until its very hot. Sear the chicken so that it develops a great crispy, dark crust.
19. Philly Style: Skip the beef and go for chicken in our Philly Cheese and Chicken Sandwich.
20. Pan-Seared: Heat a skillet with about 1 tablespoon canola oil. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on a few chicken breasts and place them in the skillet for a quick, delicious sear. Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through. Substitute the breast for a burger or add it to our favorite sandwich.
21. Breakfast Sausage: Swap in ground chicken instead of turkey in our favorite breakfast sausage recipe.
22. Mexican-style: Burritos and tacos are not the only Mexican option for preparing chicken. Try this traditional Mexican dish – Leanilicious Chicken Posole.
23. Chicken Pot Pie: You can still have chicken pot pie and eat healthy. We love swapping in whole wheat biscuits.
24. Chicken Mac-n-Cheese: Add shredded chicken to your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe for a boost of protein. We recommend added 1 cup shredded chicken to this recipe for Mac & Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
25. Salsa Bake: Bake two chicken breasts in a cup of salsa for an easy, flavorful piece of chicken to add to tacos, salads or nachos. Check out this recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken.
26. Marinade: There are tons of great marinades out there, but start by making your own. Combine your favorite flavors like lemon juice, lime juice, yogurt, fresh herbs, dried herbs, honey and garlic to create your perfect blend. Ginger Infused Honey Chicken is marinated in a mixture of lite soy sauce, sesame seed oil, grated ginger, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!
27. “Like Beef”: Substitute chicken breast for beef in your favorite preparation of pot roast. Check out this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast recipe.
28. Balsamic: Balsamic vinegar and chicken pair well together. Adding balsamic chicken to a salad is a great option for lunch or dinner. You’ll love our Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken!
29. Fake-Out: Any time you are craving take-out from your favorite restaurant, consider how you can duplicate the dish at home using chicken. Lo mein? Salad? Parmigiana? Burgers? It’s all possible with chicken. You’ll love this recipe for Clean Eating Chicken Salad.
30. Tropical: Chicken pairs well with tropical flavors, such as coconut and pineapple. Our Pineapple Chicken is a great option for a summer dinner.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.