by Skinny Ms.
Hungry for some healthful and hearty slow cooker recipes? This list of cozy slow cooker recipes from some of the best and brightest cooking blogs around the web, will have you stirring and simmering in no time. These 6 – 8 hour slow cooking recipes will get you inspired and leave you satisfied!
No Bother Breakfast
1. Slow Cooker Coconut Banana Pecan Coffee Cake Oatmeal – What could be more perfect than waking up to breakfast that’s already prepared? This yummy oatmeal can cook overnight and will be done when you wake up.
2. Slow Cooker Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal -This recipe can be thrown together in less than five minutes and tossed in your Slow Cooker overnight. When you wake up, a healthy and satisfying breakfast with the flavors of autumn will be ready and waiting for you to devour!
3. Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats – A perfect fall recipe for your slow cooker using pumpkin and healthy steel cut oats. Made without added sugars and cooked overnight so you can wake up to the fantastic smell of Pumpkin Pie in your kitchen, only without the guilt of eating pie for breakfast!
Effortless Protein-Rich Lunches
4. Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken Melts - If you are looking for something unique to make in your slow cooker, check out this yummy recipe. You wont be disappointed!
5. Freezer Meal Slow Cooker Bean Burritos – This is a healthy alternative to prepackaged burritos. It’s a kid-friendly meal that you can make in large amounts and freeze for future use.
6. Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef - Serve over whole wheat flour tortillas or over a bed of lettuce with your favorite toppings such as salsa, avocados, and tomato for a lunch salad or a lunch taco wrap.
Simply Satiating Soups, Stews, and Chili
7. Slow Cooker Quinoa Chili – This chili looks delicious and easy to make! The quinoa gives it a lovely texture. This is a great recipe to try if you are looking for something a little healthier.
8. Spicy Lentil Soup – If you are ever in the mood for a spicy soup, this would be a perfect dish to throw together in the morning and let cook all day.
9. Momma’s Roadhouse Chili – If you like meals with an easy prep, then this chili is for you! It’s an easy and delicious meal to make on a busy day when you don’t feel like cooking up something complicated.
10. Spicy Slow Cooker Soup with Ground Turkey, Pinto Beans, Red Bell Pepper, and Green Chiles – Spicy and full of flavor, this is sure to be a hit!
11. Smoky Chipotle Chili – This chili-with-a-kick is a perfect dish for those cold nights!
12. Slow Cooker Chicken Barley Stew - This is a comforting and warming stew for chilly nights.
13. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup for 2 or 3 - This hearty and filling soup is great for winter weather. The ingredients are inexpensive and can be put on in the morning to cook all day.
14. Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup – This thick and hearty soup is great for lazy days or for when you are feeling cooped up this winter. It’s a perfect pick-me-up soup on a chilly day!
15. Hearty Vegetable and Bean Soup - You can substitute ingredients in this simple soup with items you have on hand to avoid a trip to the grocery store.
16. Everything but the Kitchen Sink Soup – Throw this perfect fall soup together, and it won’t disappoint. You can swap out ingredients based on what you have on hand and also freeze any leftovers to use later.
17. Lots of Beans and Grains Slow Cooker Chili - What’s better than a hearty bowl of chili on a cold day? This chili is full of flavor and you can always mix it up with your own add-ins.
18. Crockpot Greek Chicken Soup with Garbanzos and Oregano - This is the perfect soup for when you are feeling under the weather or on a cold night.
19. Cheesy Broccoli Soup – This yummy soup can be tossed together at lunchtime and ready for dinner. Try low-fat evaporated milk to make it even more healthy!
20. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili - This yummy dish is easy to prepare and will be waiting for you when you get home from work or after a busy day running errands. Just throw it together and go about your day.
21. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Soup with Whole Wheat Orzo - This is a traditional Italian soup that’s perfect for cold winter days. It’s comforting, delicious, and vegetarian.
Deliciously Filling Dinner Entrées
22. Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Thighs – Easy to prepare, filling, colorful, flavorful, and hearty. Need we say more?
23. Balsamic Pot Roast – This is an excellent roast to prepare when you are in the mood for something tender and juicy. It makes for a hearty meal.
24. Slow Cooked Seitan Roast “Beast” - This easily made, tender, and juicy vegetarian roast is sure to be a hit.
25. Indian Spiced Braised Chicken - This delicious braised chicken is a must-try. This recipe serves it on rice, but you could top a baked potato with it, serve over whole wheat noodles, or alongside quinoa.
26. Slow Cooker Roast Pork with Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce - This sweet and savory, melt-in-your-mouth roast is perfect for a quick, but yummy meal. It can be put together in the morning and left to cook all day.
27. Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast with Mushrooms - This flavorful, moist, and comforting roast is great for blustery days.
28. Slow Cooker Island BBQ Chicken and Spicy Slaw Salad - This island-inspired BBQ Chicken will blow you away with its flavor.
29. Slow Cooker Beef Ragu with Basil Gremolata - This dish is full of flavor and very hearty. We would recommend using whole wheat pasta to make it even healthier.
30. Slow Cooker Steak Pizzaiola - This is a terrific meal to assemble using leftovers or extra items in your freezer or cabinets that you’d like to use.
31. Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast- This slow cooker classic is comfort food at its best. Our delicious slow cooker pot roast recipe has all the flavors of classic pot roast, but is much easier to prepare.
32. Southwestern Stuffed Bell Peppers- This slow cooker stuffed peppers recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients, like corn kernels, black beans, ground turkey, and brown rice. Taco seasoning gives these peppers that southwestern flavor and mild spiciness.
33. Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken- We love Italian cuisine at Skinny Ms., but we’re not always in the mood for heavy pastas and sauces. When we’re looking to serve something a little lighter for dinner, but we don’t want to sacrifice the zesty Italian flavor we’ve come to love, we serve this dish.
34. Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Recipe- Sweet, savory, and full of flavor, this Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken dish can’t be beat! The whole family will love the mixture of tender chicken and juicy pineapple chunks lying on a bed of brown rice or quinoa.
35. Slow Cooker Mandarin Beef- Craving beef? This is a slow cooker beef dish that taste great and is healthy. It’s easy to make and allows you to get your red meat fix without overdoing it on calories or saturated fat.
What’s your favorite slow cooker dish? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
You might also like