by Skinny Ms.
38 Steps to a Slimmer You:
1) Create a mindset. The first way to master your body, is to master your own mind. Learn to keep yourself motivated by remembering you are trying to lose body fat and stay in shape because you want to be healthy and live a long life. Discover ways to stay motivated here.
2) Calculate. Calories in, calories out. It’s important to understand the role that calories play in your diet. Learn how to determine the number of calories you need here.
3) Drink tea. Researchers across the globe have found that people who drink tea have a relatively low BMI (body mass index) and body fat. Learn more about BMI here.
4) Decrease simple carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are important to healthy diet, but not all carbs are created equal. Learn the difference between simple and complex carbs here.
5) Eat more veggies. Vegetables are loaded with all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy and strong, and strong bodies burn more calories!
6) Eat more protein. Protein is important to your body. Eating protein regularly will repair muscles, satisfy your hunger pangs, as well as enhance your overall metabolism.
7) Implement a clean-eating plan. Nourishing your body with the nutrients it needs to stay healthy is simpler than it seems. We can help! Have you tried eMeals? You’ll find dozens of mouth-watering recipes made from 100% clean ingredients.
8) Start meals with a salad. Salads (without high calorie fat dressings) will fill up your stomach and will eventually help you consume fewer calories through the course of your meal. Try our Wild Salmon Vegetable Salad with Lemon Miso Dressing!
9) Enjoy broth based soups. Try to avoid soups that are white in color when possible, as they are usually loaded with high-fat milk and butter. Try one of these savory Skinny Ms. Soup Recipes.
10) Weigh and measure foods. The best way of tracking the amount of food you’re consuming is to use tools, like food scales, measuring cups, and spoons. When we don’t measure, it’s far easier to eat more than we need to.
11) Switch to calorie free drinks. Calories count, whether they are in solid or liquid form. Try one of these alternatives to high-calorie sodas.
12) Keep a food journal. The simplest way to monitor your consumption is to keep a record of it in a journal. This will allow you to monitor your progress and notice which areas you need to work on.
13) Eat breakfast. People who eat breakfast are more successful with long-term weight maintenance programs. Breakfast is important in providing your body with the necessary nutrients to start the day off right. Plus, those who skip their morning meal are much more likely to gorge themselves later in the day.
14) Laugh often. A study of obesity found that those who laughed hard for approximately 10-15 minutes every day burned an additional 10-40 calories. Now, add that to the fact that people who laugh often are considered more sociable, and you have one more reason to yuk it up.
15) Eliminate temptation from your kitchen. Keeping chips, dips, and other high fat snack foods out of the house is very important. It is not about will power, it is about being realistic, and pragmatic. Check out these healthy snack options.
16) Slow down. It takes 15-20 minutes for the stomach to sense it’s full. If you eat your food slowly, and take your time while chewing, you will be far more likely to feel the urge to stop eating when you’re full.
17) Cut back on alcohol. Monitor your alcohol consumption, as alcohol provides 7 calories/ gram. Try to limit your alcohol intake to one drink a day.
18) Exercise regularly. The most obvious way to maintain proper weight and good health is to exercise regularly. Strict adherence to your exercise schedule is a must to any “lose that fat” regimen. Try one of our body-moving Skinny Ms. Workouts.
19) Lift weights. Lifting weights will tone and build more muscle, so that you’ll burn more calories. Check out these workouts that you can do at home.
20) Cut back on rest time. Cutting down the rest time between sets when performing strength-training exercises is important. This will increase the calories being burned as your heart rate will be elevated for a longer stretch of time. Aim for a rest of no more than 60 seconds between sets.
21) Start jogging. Avoid just strolling in the parks. Various studies have proven that running in intervals is a more effective way of losing excess fat. Not a runner? Check out our Beginner’s Guide to Running.
22) Exercise the whole body. Do full body exercises, such as squats, dead-lifts, pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, and planks, instead of targeting just one specific muscle group. By working the whole body at one time, more muscles are engaged, so more calories are burned.
23) Take the stairs. In other words, the corporate ladder is not the only ladder you should endeavor to scale. By taking the stairs each day, in lieu of the elevator or escalator, you can easily burn up to 100 extra calories per week.
24) Do not grocery shop while hungry. When we’re famished, it’s far easier to reach for foods that are high in calories, but low in nutrition. Always take a list to the store to help you stay on track. Check out our Ultimate Shopping List of 50 Superfoods.
25) Eat oats. A single serving of steel-cut oats renders fewer calories and offers far greater health benefits than sugar-coated cereals. Learn more about what oats can do for you here. And, be sure to try our Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal!
26) Choose dessert wisely. Dessert doesn’t have to be bad for you. Try fresh fruit drizzled with honey or one of our delicious Skinny Ms. Dessert Options.
27) Share your meal. Restaurant portions are usually far larger than they need to be. Try sharing a meal with your companions. Here are some additional tips to follow when you’re eating out.
28) Avoid socializing near food tables. Avoid hanging out near the food tables at your next party. You’ll be far less likely to nibble when you’re not hungry.
29) Fidget. A research proved that those who fidgeted more often and changed posture frequently, weighed relatively less than people who did not. Now we do not recommend that you lose that poise and become a seated ballerina, however a little physical movement will give unwanted calories a run for their money.
30) Drink more water. Water is essential to the body and helps to flush out toxins. Learn more about how water can help you lose weight here.
31) Count your steps. With the help of a pedometer make sure that you count your steps and walk at least 10,000 steps a day. Park your car occasionally and simply walk to your destination. Here are some helpful tips to help you get your steps in.
32) Exercise early. You are more likely to accomplish your exercise schedule if you do it first thing in the morning. Do not postpone till dusk what can be accomplished at dawn. Try our Before You Shower Workout.
33) Be honest with yourself. Mistakes are inevitable. If you fall of the healthy lifestyle bandwagon, be honest with yourself and jump right back on.
34) Document your progress. Take before and after pictures of your body and write down your goals. They are great motivators on your journey.
35) Ditch the drive. When possible use your bike or walk to do your errands. Give your car a rest as often as you can. It has most likely earned it.
36) Don’t forget the fiber. Fiber is important because it acts as a sponge in the body, absorbing water and making us feel full, and also keeping everything flowing through the body smoothly.
37) Eat eggs. Eat whole eggs as a regular part of your diet. Eggs are loaded with enough healthy nutrients that they’ve made our list of superfoods!
38) Chow down on superfoods. Superfoods are foods that are packed full of nutrients, but are low in calories. They’ll help you stay full longer and will keep your body healthy and strong. Here are 50 Superfoods to bring home today.
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank. Take the stress out of meal planning with eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plans- the perfect way to implement a healthy menu and slash grocery bills. Get 15% off with the CODE: SKINNY