After a long day at the office, it can be easy to drive past the gym on the way home. When you’re overworked, relaxing in a hot bath or collapsing on the couch in front of your favorite t.v. show sounds much more appealing that breaking a sweat. Why not get some exercise in before you even leave the office? Read on for 5 Easy Exercises that you can Do at Work. Not only will a work workout allow you to scratch the guilt that comes from missing an exercise session, it can also help you be more productive in the office.
1. Butt Squeezes – The simplest exercise to perform at work can help tighten and shape your rear end without you even having to leave your chair. While sitting, simply clench your butt muscles, hold for a count of 5, and release. Repeat for 2 minutes. You might also like our Glute, Butt, Bootie Challenge!
2. Chair Dips – Nobody wants jiggly arms. Prevent the backs of your arms from resembling grandma’s jello recipe by firming up your triceps with office chair dips. Sit with your bottom at the edge of your chair and your hands placed on the edge of the chair, beside your hips. Slowly scoot your bottom off the chair and lower yourself until your arms form 90-degree angles. Exhale and use your arms to push yourself back up in sitting position. Repeat for 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions. If your chair has wheels, be sure to push it up against a wall for support.
3. Wall Squats – This easy exercise is simple to perform at the office and targets the entire lower body. To perform wall squats, stand with your back against a wall, with your feet shoulder-width apart. Slide your feet out a foot, or so, from the wall, without allowing your back to leave the wall. Extend your arms out in front of you and slowly bend your knees until you are in a sitting position. Hold for a count of three and slowly return to standing position. Repeat for 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
4. Shadow Box – There’s no better way to get rid of work-day aggression and get the heart pumping than with some shadow boxing. Simply take a boxer’s stance and quickly throw punches into the air, alternating arms. To avoid embarrassment, it is best to find a quiet location, or stand near the door. Shadowbox for 60 seconds, or whenever you feel the need to release office tension.
5. Russian Twists – Russian twists are an excellent way to work your core, and they can easily be modified to work at the office. To perform Russian twists, sit with your bottom on the edge of your desk, or a firm chair. Extend your legs out in front of you and twist your abdomen to the right, while reaching your arms in that direction. Twist toward the left, and repeat for 60 seconds, or until you can’t take the burn any longer.
Keep your healthy lifestyle plan in check by ensuring that you’re eating clean at the office. Here are 12 Must-Have Work Day Snacks.
Working out at the gym not an option? Check out our Top 10 At-Home Workouts – When the Gym isn’t an Option