Cooking your own meals is great for your bank account as well as your body. It’s much cheaper to buy a week’s worth of groceries than to get takeout or eat out most of the time. If you already cook regularly, you know that there are things your kitchen can’t be without, including pots and pans, a good set of knives, and measuring cups and spoons. But what about those other kitchen gadgets? The fun ones you get excited to use? Sure, some kitchen gadgets are expensive, but not all of them. We’ve found 7 affordable must-have kitchen gadgets. They’ll not only make cooking easier – they’ll make it more fun!
1. Vegetable Spiralizer. A vegetable spiralizer is an awesome tool, and this one is less than $10! Turn zucchini and sweet potatoes into pasta, and then check out these 12 Must Try Recipes Made with Zoodles.
2. Digital Food Thermometer. It can be hard to tell if meat is cooked just by looking at it. Using a thermometer is a quick, easy way to see whether or not meat is cooked.
3. Herb Saver. Fresh herbs add serious flavor (and serious health benefits). If you don’t have an herb garden, you can keep your store-bought herbs fresh with an herb saver. Here are 7 Fresh Herbs That Amp Up the Flavor.
4. Silicone Baking Mat. Silicone baking mats aren’t just affordable – they’ll also save you money in the long run. They’re reusable, so you don’t have to keep buying parchment paper for lining your baking sheets.
5. Swiss Vegetable Peeler. Swiss vegetable peelers are much more effective than traditional swivel peelers. Peel your cucumbers, carrots, and apples faster and more accurately.
7. Silicone Basting Brush. Traditional basting brushes are tough to use. The bristles fall out, get stuck, and they’re impossible to clean. Silicone basting brushes are flexible, sturdy, and dishwasher safe.