by Skinny Ms.
This fabulous taco or burrito filling will satisfy any craving for Mexican food. It’s filling, but not overly so, and the chipotle spice is completely customizable to your tastes.
Note: Nutritional Data does not include the tortillas
Yields: 8-10 servings | Serving Size: approximately 1/4 cup |Calories: 271 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 7.5 g | Saturated Fat: 1.3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 63 mg | Sodium: 90 mg | Carbohydrates: 28.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g | Sugars: 1.8 g | Protein: 25.8 g |
- 1-1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup frozen, organic corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, no sugar added (drained and rinsed)
- 1-3 chiles from a 7 oz can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped. (1-3 chiles, depending upon how much heat you prefer)
- 1-3 tbsp. chipotle adobo sauce paste (depending on taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (optional)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1 package of 8 to 10 corn or whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro (optional)
- Fat free Greek yogurt (optional)
- Salsa, no sugar added, low sodium (optional)
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and garlic; heat til garlic is fragrant, about 4 minutes.
Add turkey and brown; crumbling with a wooden spoon for about ten minutes.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients (from corn to salt and pepper) and simmer 10 minutes.
Warm tortillas on stove or in microwave if you like(not necessary)
Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture into each tortilla and garnish with a dollop of fat free Greek yogurt and freshly chopped cilantro. There is SO much flavor in this dish, there is no need for cheese!
Note: The can of chipotle chiles easily will make a second batch of this recipe.Save the extra few chiles for next time. Also, can add a spoon of the adobo sauce from the can to the turkey mix. The chiles are an excellent substitute for any taco seasoning packet.
This recipe contributed by Dishing With Leslie