Here’s an old standard at any summertime barbecue. Creamy Cole Slaw just happens to be packed with superfood goodness.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 2/3 cup | Calories: 88 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Sodium: mg | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 1 g | Smart Points: 4 |
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, no added sweeteners (Duke’s is a favorite for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 stalk bok choy, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add the first 5 ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. Place slaw dressing in a glass jar with a lid, and refrigerate until ready to use, chilling for approximately 2 hours.
Coarsely chop cabbage and bok choy; if using a food processor, add small chunks, being careful not to overpulse, as this will make it mushy. Combine in a large mixing bowl, the cabbage, bok choy, bell pepper, and carrot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add slaw dressing to cabbage mix; stir to combine, cover, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Tip: Cole slaw is always best eaten on the same day as prepared.
Creamy Cabbage and Bok Choy Slaw is featured in our SkinnyMs. Superfoods Cookbook.
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank. Take the stress out of meal planning with eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plans– the perfect way to implement a healthy menu and slash grocery bills. Get 15% off with the CODE: SKINNY