Do you love deviled eggs but are not sure how to make them without the mayonnaise? Β Then you have to check out our mayo free recipe that tastes just as yummy.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 egg | Calories: 98 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Previous Points: 2 | Points Plus: 2 | Cholesterol: 212 | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Sodium: 104 mg | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 7 g |
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled and shells removed
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon white or cider vinegar, optional freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard (I used French's Yellow Mustard)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- paprika for garnish
Slice hardboiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, add to a small mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Combine in a separate bowl the remaining ingredients, except paprika. Add yogurt mixture to yolks and stir to combine. Evenly divide mixture inside the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Optional add ins: 1 tablespoon diced green onions; 1 tablespoon diced sun-dried tomatoes (packed in olive oil & drained); 1 tablespoon diced pimientos (drained); 2 teaspoons Pesto (click here for Basil & Spinach Pesto recipe)