For many people, oily skin is a tricky and persistent problem. While many of us thought our oily skin woes would vanish once we grew beyond our teenage years, oily skin is a problem that can plague people for decades!
Oil can clog pores and our daily exposure to dust, dirt, makeup, and sweat can cause bacteria to mix with the clogged oil and cause breakouts. These DIY cleansing pads are made with natural ingredients and will keep your pores clean and your skin clear of blemishes.
Key Ingredients & How They Work:
Distilled Water – Where tap water may contain bacteria or minerals from the pipes, distilled water is the purest form of water. It has amazing detoxification properties which will aid in cleaning cells. You can purchase distilled water at your local grocery store.
Witch Hazel – Witch Hazel is an organic astringent and will help to tighten your pores and remove excess oils from your skin.
Distilled White Vinegar – Vinegar has valuable acidic properties. The acidity allows it to become an antibacterial and antiseptic agent.
What to Do:
1. Make sure to have cotton balls and baby shampoo on hand.
2. Combine 2 cups of distilled water, 1 tablespoon of baby shampoo, 1 tablespoon of witch hazel, and 1 tablespoon of vinegar in a jar.
3. Mix the contents thoroughly.
4. Place your cotton pads into the main jar that will house them and pour the solution over the pad until they are moist.
5. Store the jar in a cool dark place.
Sources: WikiHow, ProgressiveHealth, FrugalMoneyManagement
Beautiful skin needs a beautiful body to match. Check out our Total Body Transformation Program to help create a newer version of you.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.