Age and natural elements wear on our skin over time. Wrinkles and loose skin, although naturally occurring, can be fought off with two simple ingredients. This DIY skin tightening recipe will help to firm your skin and will give you a long lasting, younger appearance.
Ingredients and Why They Work:
Cucumber – Cucumbers contain key nutrients which naturally bring restoration to the skin. Vitamins C and K are both antioxidants that fight off free radicals which can cause wrinkles and loosening of skin. The key ingredient to fight off wrinkles in cucumbers is silica, which promoted connective tissue growth.
Egg White – Egg whites naturally cause skin to tighten and are another added bonus.
What to Do:
1. Cut a cucumber in half and peel the skin off one half.
2. Slice the peeled half into smaller chunks, no bigger than 1 inch each.
3. Using a blender on medium speed, blend for 2 minutes or until the mixture is turned into pulp.
4. Place a strainer over a bowl and place the pulp onto the strainer.
5. Allow the juice to drain into the bowl and use a spoon to push out any additional juice into the bowl.
6. Add 1 egg white and lightly mix together.
7. Apply this mixture to any part of your body or face which needs tightening.
8. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
9. You can use this mask 1-2 times a week for best results.
Sources: Livestrong, WikiHow
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on all things SkinnyMs.