Cooler weather is usually synonymous with the holiday season. Although you’ll be bundled up from head to toe, some parts of your body are still forced to take on the weather. This lip balm will keep your lips protected from the elements, but will also give you a nice light smell to enjoy during the day.
Ingredients & How They Work:
Beeswax – Many natural lip balms contain beeswax due to its multiple benefits. Beeswax is all-natural, has both healing and antiseptic properties, and a light coating which won’t leave that heavy, sticky feeling most lip balms leave.
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants which protects skin on a cellular level. It also contains vitamin E, which keeps your lips healthy and soothes sunburn.
Shea Butter – Shea butter is an amazing natural fat which helps with skin restoration, acts as a sunscreen and natural moisturizer.
Sweet Almond Oil – Almond oil is another moisturizer which provides protection against UV rays, helps rejuvenates skin cells, and fights against irritation.
Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint oil has a wonderful smell which can help relax your mind and muscles. Most importantly, it’s just a pleasant smell to always have around.
What to Do:
1. Grab a small saucepan and fill it up about 1/4 of the way with water and let it come into a boil.
2. Grab a glass container or cup and place 1 1/2 tablespoons of beeswax and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, shea butter, and sweet almond oil into it.
3. Place the glass container into the boiling water and stir gently to mix all ingredients.
4. Once everything is melted and mixed, remove the glass container from the heat and add 20 drops of your essential oil.
5. Gently stir and place in small containers. These steel tins are an amazing to use. Ideally any small container will work. You will have a surplus, so multiple ones are needed.
6. Allow the mixtures to cool off for 24 hours and you’re all set. Always have your natural lip balm on hand. One at home, one at work, one in your bag.
Sources: AlterntativeMedicine, Livestrong, Hip2Save
These healthy holiday recipes will make your mouth water:
Sweetly Spiced Granola
Holiday Cinnamon Rolls
Apple Cranberry Chutney – Holiday Meal Planning Made Easy with eMeals