Tired of trying to make gluten-free meals the kids will love? Skinny Ms. did the dirty work for you. Here are some great ideas for gluten free desserts, snacks, lunches, and dinner your kids will actually eat!
Gluten free ice cream cone filled with plain organic yogurt
Fruit Kabobs: Toothpick or skewer with strawberries, blueberries, grapes, apple slices, banana slices, orange slices, kiwi, watermelon, etc. (Sprinkle with lemon juice to keep from browning, if you plan on keeping them around more than a few hours.)
Apricot Sorbet: Smash fresh apricots in a bowl, freeze fruit with the juice in a ziplock bag, then unthaw for a few minutes and serve
Sliced strawberries, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a dollop of plain yogurt
Air-popped Popcorn (On your stove or in popcorn machine) NOT in a single serve bag from the store – It likely has gluten. Plus, this will be much more fun for the kids!
Lundberg’s Rice Chips (Vegan, Wheat Free, Gluten Free) & Cubed Low-fat Mozzarella Cheese
Natural Organic Peanut Butter on Celery Sticks
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
KIND Bars - Great for adding to lunch boxes! They are awesome wheat, dairy, & gluten free as well as a low glycemic snack!
Mixture of fruit & nuts squeezed with lemon juice – pistachios, almonds, pineapples, apricots, oranges, walnuts
Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks: Mozzarella String Cheese rolled in Brown Rice Flour, Dipped in a mixture of organic skim milk (splash or two) & 2 free range eggs, then dip in Gluten Fee Breadcrumbs mixed with parsley to taste and bake on a cookie sheet until golden brown( about 10 – 12 minutes).
Lettuce Wrap with Tuna
Gluten free wrap (whole grain) with Gluten Free deli turkey, low-fat mozzarella cheese & lettuce
Peanut Butter & Organic Honey on Rice Crackers
Bowl of Quinoa Broccoli Pilaf: 1 cup quinoa, 1 ½ cups water (boil), add diced broccoli & raisins, stir in or top with crushed almonds (optional). This can be a complete meal for most children!
|Garden Vegetable Lasagna|
- 1 (15-ounce) container Part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces Boars Head Gluten Free Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 package Gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 24-ounces of Homemade Tomato sauce or organic (gluten free) Tomato Sauce
- 2 Leeks, cleaned and trimmed and cut into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons Organic Real Butter
- 2 Small zucchini, sliced
- 1 Large carrot, grated
- 1 cup Chopped fresh spinach
- In a bowl, mix together the Ricotta cheese, half of the Mozzarella, the egg, salt and pepper; set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the leeks until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Spread 11⁄2 cups of the pasta sauce into a 9×11-inch pan. Cover with a layer of noodles; spread with some of the cheese mixture, and 1⁄3 of the vegetables. Top with a layer of pasta sauce.
- Repeat the layering 2 more times, ending with the pasta sauce and finally, the remaining Mozzarella. Bake 30 minutes, until lasagna is hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes to set. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve
for more gluten free ideas from the deli
Roasted Chicken, cannellini beans (aka white Italian kidney beans) and grape/cherry tomatoes (mixed)
Homemade Turkey Chili – Great on a cold night and great as a leftover for lunch!
Free Range Grilled Chicken and Organic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Check out Quinoa (Meatless) Meatballs for another yummy Gluten Free recipe.
There you have it! Several great gluten-free ideas that your kids are sure to love! We’d love for you to share your exciting gluten-free ideas for mom’s everywhere to hear!