This Green Goddess Dip is inspired by the classic dressing of the same name. However, you’ll love the freshness of our healthier homemade version! The SkinnyMs. dip uses avocado and protein-packed Greek yogurt to achieve the smooth, creamy dipping texture instead of sour cream and mayonnaise. We’ve kept the bouquet of fragrant herbs, but added feta cheese for a nice, salty tang as well as red wine vinegar and red onions.
This dip is very flavorful and would be great as a lunch side for fresh veggies. It would even work well on a party platter with crackers, toasted bread, or pita!
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 68 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 86mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints: 2
- 2 fresh avocados, peeled. pit removed, and chopped
- 2 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup low fat feta cheese
In a food processor, combine avocado, onion, garlic, vinegar, oil and yogurt. Blend until smooth. Add parsley, basil, tarragon, mint, salt, and feta. Pulse until combined.
Serve with fresh cut vegetables, grilled whole wheat pita, or toasted whole wheat baguette.
What is your favorite dip recipe? Share with us in the comments!