by Skinny Ms.
This may just be one of the healthiest smoothies on the planet. Put all these superfood ingredients in a blender and you’ve got one delicious immune booster. This recipes makes about three cups. Immune Booster Smoothie is high in nutrients and phytochemicals. Share if you like, but I would recommend drinking the entire blender full to get the full benefits. If you or someone you know is fighting an illness of any kind, I would recommend drinking this or a similar smoothie everyday. This yummy drink has loads of antioxidants and everyone can benefit. Here’s to your health!
Click here for the Three day Cleanse & Detox Recipes.
Servings: 2 | Calories: 156 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 4 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: .5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 287 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 10 g
- 1 frozen banana (pre-sliced)
- 1 knuckle ginger root, about 1/2"
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1 cup red kale (organic if possible)
- 1 cup baby spinach (organic if possible)
- 1 cup frozen red grapes (organic if possible)
- 1/4 cup coconut meat (from fresh coconut)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (if pomegranates aren't available, they can be found closer to the holidays)
- 1 1/2 cups chilled green tea, unsweetened (home brewed is best)
Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed above. Blend until smooth. Add ice for a thicker smoothie.
Note: Feel free to switch out the grapes with any of these equally as healthy superfoods: blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, or dark cherries.