by Skinny Ms.
Add Italian Meatballs to spaghetti, stews, soups or eat all by themselves.
Yields: 24 meatballs | Serving size: 2 meatballs | Calories: 136 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 4 |Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 53 mg |Sodium: 120 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 11 g
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey or chicken
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups whole wheat panko, or whole wheat bread crumbs, click here for recipe
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 eggs
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Shape mixture into (24) 1" meatballs.
When cooking meatballs, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet, turn to medium heat and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through. Note: If adding meatballs to a slow cooker recipe, brown as instructed but do not cook through as they will continue cooking while in the slow cooker.