That irksome area around your belly button can leave some of us wondering, what on earth is missing from our tummy exercises? Although it’s true that no matter how many sit-ups you do, an unhealthy lifestyle can’t be made up for, that troublesome area can be addressed by some simple, easy to do ab workouts that’ll have an effect when you’re practicing good, healthy habits. The best lower ab workouts for women target your lower midsection so you can be rid of that pesky pooch for good! And to make matters simpler, they can all be done with just your own bodyweight.
Recommended for this routine: Water for hydration, a heart monitor, and an interval timer. We use the Gymboss Interval Timer which is perfect for precise timing.
Repeat 2-3 sets of the exercises below. Complete the circuits 2-3 times per week on non-consecutive days. Follow this program to see improvements in 6 weeks or less. For optimal results, perform this routine in conjunction with a clean eating plan. Be sure to read 7 Simple Steps to Clean Eating.
See videos below for demonstrations.
Lower Ab Bulge Buster Workout:
- Sky Toe Touch – Lying on your back with your feet up in the air perpendicular to the floor, lift your shoulders and chest off the ground reaching up to try to touch your toes. Repeat for 30 reps.
- Lying Toe Touch – Lying on your back with knees bent, feet flat on the floor, lift your legs at the knees so your calves are perpendicular to the ground. Extend one bent leg to the ground tapping your toe to the ground. Alternate legs. It should be slow, not looking like a pulsing motion. Both legs is one rep. Repeat 30 times.
- Hip Lift – Lying on your back with arms at your sides, lift your legs together so they are perpendicular to the ground, then lift your entire hips truly off the ground and return back to the starting position. This is one rep. Repeat 30 times.
- Scissors – Lying on your back with your arms tucked by your head lifted off the ground, lift one leg off the floor perpendicular to the ground then letting it down 1 to 2 inches off the floor while lifting the other leg off the floor and doing the same thing. Alternate legs maintaining good posture without curving your back for 1 minute.
- Roll Ups – Lying on your back arms completely outstretched lying in a straight line, sit up until you reach your toes with your hands. Lie back down and repeat 30 times.
- Leg Raises – Lying on your back with your arms at your side, lift your legs up together in a straight line until they are perpendicular to the ground and then let them down about an inch or two off the floor then lift them back up. Repeat 30 times.
You May Also Like:
Sky Toe Touch
Lying Toe Touch
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms….
Does your fitness program need a jumpstart? Try our 6 Week Emergency Makeover Program.
Have you just started a new exercise program or challenge? We’d love to hear about it. Leave a comment below.