What two things do kids love most? If you said Nutella and puppies, you’re on the right track. This Nutella Puppies craft recipe is so easy, the kids can even make it themselves!
Nutella is a popular, delicious chocolate hazelnut spread. We here at SkinnyMs. have taken our own stab at a similar spread, aptly titled Skinny Nutella Spread. It’s easy to make at home, and it’s lower in calories than the store brand. Plus, it uses whole, clean ingredients, making it a deliciously healthy alternative to Nutella.
This adorable food craft makes use of this Nutella spread and bread to make puppies that are almost too cute to eat. Here’s how to make these skinny Nutella Puppies. Enjoy!
1. First, draw the puppy template on a piece of paper. Separately, cut out the ear and face templates.
2. When you have your templates, place them over three slices of bread and carefully cut out the shapes. If you have cookie cutters, you can use those instead.
3. Next, place bread pieces on a plate in a puppy shape.
3. Now, pour Skinny Nutella Spread into a pastry bag a plastic baggie with a small hole cut into the corner. Using the bag, squeeze out the spread in small circles as you layer the top of the bread. Leave a space at the bottom of the head so you can draw the nose and mouth. If you want your puppy to have spots, spread the Nutella in a design similar to the picture above. Smooth the surface with a knife or small spatula.
4. Add blueberry eyes and make a nose by squeezing the Skinny Nutella Spread out of the bag.
Enjoy your cute and yummy little treat!
What’s your favorite use for our Skinny Nutella Spread? Tell us about it in the comments below.