Who wouldn’t want to eat a breakfast that reminds them of an almond candy bar?
Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 129 | Previous Points: 2 | Points Plus: 3 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat 4 g | Trans Fat 0 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 72 mg | Total Carbohydrate: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 5 g
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup light coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. dry coconut flakes, unsweetened, low fat
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almonds (optional)
In your slow cooker, combine the oats, coconut milk, almond milk, honey, coconut flakes and cocoa powder and whisk until the cocoa powder is well incorporated into the milk.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until liquid is completely soaked up by the oats.
When finished, stir in the almonds (optional), allow to cool and serve.