There are tons of canned, and pre-packaged food options that make it easy to eat on-the-go, but never underestimate the value of planning your meals, and snacks so you have fresh whole foods along with an accurate calorie count. It may seem like it takes more time to plan ahead, but in the end you are saving yourself extra sodium, gluten and added sugars found in common canned and packaged foods. If you are committed to the quality of your food and quantity of bioavailable nutrients, packing handy snacks for a work day or even as you run errands to keep you from grabbing whatever’s handy can really pay off. Check out these 25 100 calorie snacks you can take anywhere. They’re great at work, as some need refrigeration to stay fresh for more than a few hours.
Here are 25 SkinnyMs. ideas for easy, on-the-go snacks you can package in a baggie at home and they’re all Under 100 Calories!
- Chocolate Banana: Half a frozen banana dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate.
- Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled for two minutes or until golden. Or try it raw!
- Berries n’ Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping.
- Chocolate Soy Milk (or other milk alternative): 6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.
- Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
- Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.
- Soy Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Greek
- Tomatoes: One tomato (about the size of a tennis ball) chopped and mixed with 1 tablespoon feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Kale Chips: ½ cup raw kale with stems removed, baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.
- Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Turkey Roll-Ups: Four slices smoked turkey rolled up in large romaine lettuce leaves, and dipped in 2 teaspoons organic honey mustard.
- Chips n’ Salsa: 10 baked pita chips with ¼ cup pico de gallo or chunky salsa.
- Almond Butter & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon almond butter.
- Apples n’ Peanut Butter: ½ an apple, sliced and dipped in 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter.
- Nuts: Ten almonds or cashews or 1 tablespoon nut butter, lick it straight from the spoon!
- Small Sliced Avocado: Cut in half and eat it right out of the peel.
- Mixed Raw Vegetables: Cut celery, bell peppers and carrots into slices and put in cup filled with ¼ cup fat-free ranch dressing.
- Bell Peppers n’ Hummus: Slice up half of a red bell pepper and dip in 3 tablespoons hummus.
- Salmon Bagel: Top half of a small bagel with 1 ounce smoked salmon.
- Tuna: Mix together 2 tablespoons water-packed tuna with 1 teaspoon of Greek yogurt and a teaspoon of diced onion.
- Berry Yogurt: Blend ½ cup fat-free natural yogurt, ½ cup raspberries.
- Berries n’ Ice Cream: Store 2 level scoops of low-fat plain ice cream, ¼ cup blueberries in the freezer for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Red Grapes: Have ¾ cup red grapes for a sweet treat, plus antioxidant protection.
- Tea n’ Toast: Have 1 slice of toasted fruit bread, with 1 cup peppermint tea. Simple
- Watermelon Salad: Try 1 cup watermelon cubes, 1 Tbs crumbled goats cheese, and 2 chopped leaves of fresh mint.
Remember, all these snacks become healthier and more filling with a full, eight ounce class of water! For more grab n’ go ideas try these No-Bake-Bars or for tons of healthy recipes, pick up your SkinnyMs. Slow Cooker e-Book Today!