There are tons of canned, and pre-packaged food options that make it easy to eat on-the-go, but never underestimate the value of planning your meals, and snacks so you have fresh whole foods along with an accurate calorie count. It may seem like it takes more time to plan ahead, but in the end you are saving yourself extra sodium, gluten and added sugars found in common canned and packaged foods. If you are committed to the quality of your food and quantity of bioavailable nutrients, packing handy snacks for a work day or even as you run errands to keep you from grabbing whatever’s handy can really pay off.
Check out these 25 100 calorie snacks you can take anywhere. They’re great at work, as some need refrigeration to stay fresh for more than a few hours. Here are 25 SkinnyMs. ideas for easy, on-the-go snacks you can package in a baggie at home and they’re all Under 100 Calories!
1. Chocolate Banana: Half a frozen banana dipped in two squares of melted dark chocolate. If you love chocolate check out Clean-Eating Hot Fudge.
2. Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled for two minutes or until golden. Or try it raw!
3. Berries n’ Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons whipped topping. Try these tasty FroYo Berry Bites.
4. Chocolate Soy Milk (or other milk alternative): 6 ounces skim milk mixed with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup.
5. Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked. Learn more about the health benefits of bananas.
6. Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.
7. Edamame: ¼ cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Greek
8. Tomatoes: One tomato (about the size of a tennis ball) chopped and mixed with 1 tablespoon feta and a squeeze of lemon juice.
9. Kale Chips: ½ cup raw kale with stems removed, baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp.
10. Sweet Potato Fries: One light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes.