Unless we’re walking, our elbows are usually bent in some odd position, typing, texting, on a phone call, or eating. We even bend our elbows when we sleep or when we’re resting on the couch with a book or in front of the television. And in our efforts to stay fit, we’re constantly lifting, pushing, or pulling. Weights put extra pressure on the elbow joint and we need to stretch it out to keep it strong and healthy. These tennis elbow exercises will strengthen your elbow to keep those weights under your control.
Equipment Needed: Interval timer (Gymboss is a free app download)
What to Do: Review the views below to become familiar with each exercise. Perform each exercise for the number of reps/time included.
Beginner’s Level: 1 round
Intermediate Level: 2 rounds
Advanced Level: 3 rounds
1. Elbow Bend to Straighten– 15 reps each arm. 3 second hold at the bottom
2. Forearm Rotation– 15 reps each arm
3. Elbow Extension– 15 reps each arm. 3 second hold when extended
4. Elbow Flexion– 30 second hold each arm.
5. Bicep Stretch– 30 second hold
6. Tricep Stretch– 30 second hold each arm
7. Palm Press– 30 seconds each hand on top
Elbow Bend to Straighten
With your elbows ready to press on, try these arm workouts to tone:
30 Day Tricep Challenge
Boxing Your Way to Sexier Arms & Legs
H.I.I.T. Your Arms Workout
4 Week Resistance Bands Challenge: Week 1 – Arms
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on all things SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.