There’s nothing like adding fresh mushrooms to your table! Try these stuffed mushrooms for a classic, traditional Italian start to any great meal.
Calories: 137 | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 4 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 186 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 4 g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces large bella mushrooms (wipe off with paper towel, do not rinse)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely diced sun-dried tomatoes, packaged in olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach, torn into pieces
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, we used whole wheat panko
- 1 (4 ounce) container feta cheese, low fat or fat free
- 4 tablespoons cup parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove stems from mushrooms and dice.
In a medium skillet, add oil and heat to medium-low, saute onion, mushroom stems and sun-dried tomatoes until tender, about 4 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue to saute one additional minute. Add spinach and saute just until wilted. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients but only 3 tablespoons of parmesan, stir to combine. Stuff mushrooms with mixture, place on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with remaining tablespoon parmesan, and heat until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. *Mushrooms are very hot coming out of the oven so be sure to cool a few minutes before serving. This appetizer is yummy warm or cold.
Note: The mushrooms may release liquid, so when removing from the cookie sheet lightly dap with a paper towel before serving. Stuffed mushrooms are a perfect dinner party appetizer.