Breakfast fills you up, gives you energy, and keeps you satisfied until your next meal. The wrong morning meal can amplify your cravings and drain your energy as the morning drags on. Choose the right meal and rise and shine worry-free!
Our Sun-Dried Tomato & Egg Muffins recipe packs in everything your body craves after waking up: nutrients, healthy fats, and filling protein. These nutrients boost your energy and keep cravings from creeping up in the future.
The recipe has you whipping up a mouthwatering egg mixture studded with tender sun-dried tomatoes, garden-fresh basil, and grated Parmesan cheese. The blend of yummy ingredients is then poured into muffin cups and baked to fluffy perfection. These portioned delights make the ultimate grab and go breakfast on busy mornings!
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 135 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 252mg | Sodium 277 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 11g | SmartPoints: 4
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked in very warm water until tender and chopped (soaking water discarded)
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (alternatively, any variety unsweetened non dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together all ingredients (except basil) until well-combined.
Fold in basil.
Pour mixture into 6 muffin cups until they are 2/3 full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set.
Love the recipe? We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site in the section below.