For more great recipes follow Monica Olivas. Monica is the blogger behind Run Eat Repeat based in Southern California. When she’s not eating she’s running and when she’s not running she’s blogging about it at www.runeatrepeat.com. You can also follow Monica on Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram.
If you’re a sweet potato lover, you might like these recipes:
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 2 pancakes |Calories: 151 | Total Fat: 6.1 g | Saturated Fat: 1.6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 164 mg | Sodium: 307 mg | Carbohydrates: 16.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g | Sugars: 6.5 g | Protein: 9.1 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1/2 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup egg beaters or 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda and baking powder (I always use both)
- 1 teaspoon honey or coconut palm sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- optional milk (any type), to thin batter if necessary
Mix well, make sure all the sweet potato is mashed. The batter is pretty thick so I spread it out when I scoop them on the hot skillet. Cook as you would normal pancakes. They don’t “bubble” like normal pancakes, so watch that they are cook thoroughly, but not burned.