This iced tea drink recipe is a blend of one part iced tea and one part lemonade. It’s a perfect, refreshing drink combination, and it’s not overly sweet!
Choose from several different methods to brew ice tea:
1. Set the tea in water in the sun for 3 to 6 hours.
2. Boil the water and steep the tea for 3 minutes (as described below).
3. Place the tea bags in water in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours (or longer).
Once your tea is brewed, prepare your delightful drink!
- 3 black, green, or white tea bags
- 5 lemons
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or 4 tablespoons stevia or 1-1/2 teaspoons liquid stevia
- 1 gallon water, 4 cups for boiling, the remaining cold water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
Boil the 4 cups of water and steep the teabags for 5 minutes, squeezing out the teabags into the water when removing. You want a strong tea as it will be blended with lemonade.
Add the sweetener to the hot tea and stir. Squeeze five lemons over a fine mesh strainer to catch the seeds and into a bowl. You can also remove the seeds by hand.
Add the ice cubes to a large pitcher and pour the steeped hot tea over. Add the cold water and the squeezed lemon juice. Taste your Nantucket. If more sweetener is needed, add it now.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.