by Skinny Ms.
You’re invited to join in on a three day cleanse & detox, designed to kickstart your healthy eating plan and cleanse your system. Below you will find ingredients for the three day cleanse & detox. We purchased all of the ingredients, minus just a few items we already had on hand, for only $54.32. Your cost will depend on where you shop and whether or not you buy organic. Your local farmer’s market is great place to buy most of the items on this detox shopping list.
Below are some considerations to keep in mind before buying your ingredients:
Caffeine should not be consumed during this cleanse & detox.
This is a dairy and gluten-free detox.
Whole foods like fruits, seeds, raw nuts, vegetables, and herbs are the main ingredients in most of the recipes.
Everyone’s experience will differ. Some may have a headache or feel a little weak during the cleanse & detox, while others might experience more energy than usual.
If you don’t drink green smoothies or juices on a regular basis, your taste buds are in for a surprise. Stick with it. Those buds will come around, and you’ll begin to enjoy the nutrient richness of whole foods. Your body will thank you!
As with any change in diet, it is recommended that before beginning the cleanse & detox, you check with your doctor. If you are allergic to any ingredients, do not include them in your cleanse; you may use alternatives. This plan was adapted from the book, “Hungry for Change – Ditch the Diets, Conquer the Cravings, and Eat Your Way to Lifelong Health”.
If you don’t have a juicer, a blender will work. We use a blender and add water to the drink recipes. This is also a personal preference. Juicers will create a drink that is less thick and closer to the consistency of juice, whereas a blender will leave 100% of the pulp and produce a much thicker drink. We prefer not to give up one ounce of the nutrients.
Click here for the Three Day Cleanse & Detox Recipes.
Time to shop.
- 1 medium ginger root
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1 small bunch dandelion greens (*only needed if making Mean Green Juice #4)
- 1 small bunch watercress leaves (*only needed if making Mean Green Juice #4)
- 2 heads celery
- 2 (10 oz) bags baby spinach
- 1 pint bean sprouts
- 2 bunches parsley (Italian/flat or curly will work)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 6 carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato (the potato can be omitted if using zucchini in the Fat Flushing Soup recipe)
- 3-4 zucchini (you will need 4 zucchini if using as a substitute for the sweet potato in the Fat Flushing Soup recipe)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small yellow onion
- 5 medium cucumbers
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 4 green apples
- 1- 2 Bartlett Pears (only if making Mean Green Juice #2/ #4, check recipes)
- 3 lemons
- 2 limes
- 1 small container flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 can lite coconut milk or 1 carton almond milk or hemp milk
- 1 carton low-sodium vegetable broth or stock
- 1 (14.5 ounce) carton or BPA- free can diced tomatoes (no-salt added)
- 4 ounces quinoa (found next to the rice), optional
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Black Beans (optional for the Fat Flush Soup, but recommended for the added protein)
- 1 small bottle extra-virgin olive oil
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground black pepper
- Small container sea salt
- Dried oregano
- Small container allspice (only need 1/8 teaspoon)
- Small container paprika (only need 1 teaspoon)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 box chamomile tea bags
- 1 gallon distilled, spring or drinking water (more for drinking if not using tap water)
Disclaimer: The Three Day Cleanse & Detox plan provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a physician or other healthcare professional. The Three Day Cleanse and Detox has not been officially evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration nor have the results of the Three Day Cleanse and Detox been established as medical fact.
Consult a physician regarding the applicability of the Three Day Cleanse and Detox with respect to your individual health. Your physician should be aware of all medical conditions that you may have as well as the medications and supplements you are taking.
Skinny Ms., LLC, makes no warranties or representations regarding the results to be achieved from the Three Day Cleanse and Detox, and results are likely to vary from participant to participant.