The ultimate guilt-free snack, these scrumptious tuna cucumber sandwiches cut straight to the nutritional chase. These bite-sized delights make a skinny alternative to traditional sandwiches and can be gobbled up in just a few bites! Instead of bread, this protein-packed recipe relies on cucumber slices to cradle a mouthwatering mixture of tuna, onions, and savory spices.
Cucumber slices give each snack a light, refreshing character that’ll take your taste buds to the garden. Skewer each sandwich with a toothpick for fun, easy serving. The ultimate crowd-pleaser at picnics, potlucks, or family gatherings, this recipe is easy to assemble and packed with nutrients your body will thank you for.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3 sandwiches | Calories: 81 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 276mg | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 9g | SmartPoints: 2
- 1 (5 ounce) can wild caught tuna (Safe Catch is a preferred brand)
- 1/4 cup chopped red or yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon clean mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about half a lemon)
- 2 cucumbers, partially peeled, lengthwise to create stripes, cut into 12 horizontal slices each
- Toothpicks or party skewers, optional
Mix tuna, onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and lemon juice in a bowl until well-combined.
Lay out half of the cucumber slices, top each with tuna salad, and top each with cucumber slice.
Sandwiches can be skewered with toothpicks for easier serving.
Love the sandwiches? Want more light twists on classic dishes? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.