If you’re on the hunt for a satisfying side dish with a glorious presentation, look no further than this Two Bean Vegetable Toss! The refreshingly vibrant recipe relies on 2 uber-healthy legumes, garbanzo beans and black beans, to make up the bulk of the dish. With a few more chopped vegetables like juicy plum tomatoes, tender asparagus, and crunchy corn, an assortment of flavors and textures adds delicious diversity to the toss. The colorful blend of nutrient-rich superfoods dressed in a mixture of delectable garnishes will have your dinner guests coming back for seconds. Store overnight and enjoy for tomorrow’s lunch!
Recipe submitted by Food for The Warrior.
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 150 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 288mg | Carbohydrates: 20g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1 can of Eden Organic Garbanzo Beans, (No Salt added rinse and drained)
- 1 can of Eden Organic Black Beans, (No salt added rinse and drained)
- 2 small carrots, peeled and diced into bite size pieces
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of fresh corn
- 1 cup of fresh plum tomatoes, squeeze out seeds and dice into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of fresh zucchini, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of red, yellow, and green peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 fresh Jalapeno, remove the seeds and finely chop
- 1/2 cup of Green Onions, whites only
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup of Rice Bran Oil, optional olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Secrets Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons of Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of Fresh Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Add the beans in a strainer and rinse under luke warm water. Allow to drain for a few minutes then transfer to a big bowl. Cut all the vegetables to the same bite size pieces, add to the beans.
In a small bowl add the lemon juice, oil, garlic, vinegar, jalapeno, & the spices, mix well. Pour this mixture over the bean & vegetable mixture making sure to mix well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.