Do late night munchies have you circling the kitchen like a hungry shark? If so, you’re not alone. Night time snacks have sunk more than one healthy eating plan by loading the body with processed additives and chemicals—not to mention too many calories! But, you don’t need to let the need for a midnight bite ruin your eating and fitness goals. You’ll want to check out these 15 clean-eating late night snacks.
Healthy late night snacks can be crucial to your ability to lose weight or maintain a healthy one. Going too long between meals allows the blood sugar to drop, which often drives a person to dive into unhealthy choices. It doesn’t matter what your poison is—whether it’s a sugary soda or fatty chips—making the wrong choices litters the body with gunk it does not need.
What’s more, some foods and ingredients, like pasta, candy, red meat or caffeine, can act as stimulants, wrecking your sleep. Check out 5 Things That Keep You From Getting Your Zzzz’s. You have enough going on in your life, so you don’t need the wrong foods to keep you from the shut-eye you deserve—yet another reason to reach for good-for-you late night snacks.
15 Clean-Eating Late Night Snacks:
1. Curry Greek-Style Yogurt Dip with Raw Veggies
2. Avocado Dip with Raw Veggies
3. Skinny Pimento Cheese Spread with Raw Veggies
4. Skinny Nutella-Type Spread on a Slice of Whole Wheat Bread
5. Kale Chips
6. Chips & Salsa (10 baked pita chips with ¼ cup of pico de gallo or chunky salsa)
7. Berry Yogurt (½ cup of fat-free Greek yogurt with ½ cup of your favorite berries)
8. Sweet Potato Hummus with Raw Veggies
10. Air-Popped Popcorn (1 cup)
11. Turkey Roll-Up (3 slices of turkey rolled with Romaine lettuce)
12. Clementine (Cutie) Orange
14. Salmon Bagel (½ of a mini bagel with 1 ounce of smoked salmon)
15. Dry-Roasted Edamame (about ¼ cup)
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.