This challenge is all about getting rid of the excess fat you don’t want on your body. The problem with fat is that it’s difficult to specifically target where it will burn from your body. The more you work out, and the greater the intensity of your workout, the more calories you’ll burn and the better chance you’ll shed from those key areas!
Challenges make us stronger. Feeling strong makes us happier and more confident. The more confident you are, the more willing you’ll be to try new dynamic workouts that will bring you amazing results.
What makes this fat burning challenge work is intensity, frequency, and diversity in each workout. This challenge hits each muscle group for a full-body workout. These are all fast-paced workouts that will keep your heart pumping, so make sure you are well-hydrated!
Equipment Needed: Interval timer (Gymboss is a free app download), set of medium weight dumbbells(12-15 lbs), yoga mat, or soft surface, water for hydration
What to Do: This challenge is spread out over a 7-day period. There is a routine for the morning, afternoon and evening. The morning and afternoon routines will burn fat and increase your cardio, while the evening routine will help build strength.
Read the exercises below, follow the routine, and by the end of this challenge you’ll feel more confident to take on an even bigger challenge!
And, you’ll be a stronger version of yourself who just happens to have shed some excess pounds. Fat is burned while working out, but helping it stay away is all about your diet. Check out our 7-Day Weight Loss Menu to go along with this challenge.
Combating fat from all sides will get the results you’re looking for!
Morning: 4 minute Tabata Routine. Perform each exercise for 20 seconds and rest 10 seconds after each one. Repeat this routine two times.
3. Plyometric Lunges
4. Slow Bicycles- These give your abs a stronger burn, which works the muscle harder and helps with building your metabolism.
Afternoon: 4 minute Tabata Routine. Perform each exercise for 20 seconds and rest 10 seconds after each one. Repeat this routine two times.
1. Chair Dips- Get your butt as low to the ground as possible. Arms tucked into your ribs 2. V-ups
3. Power Jumping Jacks – Explosive jumps!
4. Plank- Tuck your belly into your spine and keep your core tight. Breath!
Evening: Perform each exercise for one minute. Repeat three times.
1. Leg Raises
2. Bicep Curls
3. Tricep Kickbacks- Make sure to really squeeze the tricep at the top. Elbows high and arms tucked into your side.
4. Shoulder Press- Feet shoulder-width apart and keep your core tight.
5. Jump Squats
6. Weighted Jack Knife- You can use two weights to make it more challenging.
Day 1: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Day 2: Morning, Evening
Day 3: Afternoon, Evening
Day 4: Morning, Afternoon
Day 5: Evening
Day 6: Rest (You’ve earned it!)
Day 7: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Power Jumping Jacks
Weighted Jack Knife