Forget the bass—it’s all about the portions. At least it is when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off for good. We’re sharing a 7-day portion control menu to help you get a handle on eating the serving sizes that support weight loss.
Portion sizes have ballooned compared to what our bodies actually need to function properly. While some restaurants, fast food places, and food manufacturers have slimmed down portion sizes, the fact is that many are still too large. Even “health” foods can be packaged in sizes that are too big. For example, some popular energy and vitamin drinks come in a bottle with two—and sometimes more!—servings. (Ditch the energy drinks from the store! Nourish that body with 5 Healthy Drink Recipes instead.)
This menu plan is divided into three meal sections, so you can mix and match based on your tastes and schedule. Each recipe has an easy-to-measure serving size. Remember, many of our dinner entrées do double duty—simply pack leftovers the next day for an easy, healthy lunch.
Breakfast Portion Control Menu Options
1. Pita Pocket Breakfast Sandwich (1/2 pita)
2. Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie (1/2 of recipe)
3. Berry Almond Breakfast Quinoa (1-1/2 cups)
4. Breakfast Yogurt Parfait (1 cup)
5. Bagel with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Provolone (1/2 bagel)
6. Protein Egg & Tomato on Toast (1 slice of toast + toppings)
7. Dairy-Free Crepes (1 crepe)
Lunch Portion Control Menu Options
1. Avocado and Mango Salad (1 cup)
2. Black Bean and Sweet Potato Wrap (1/2 wrap)
3. Skinny Taco Salad in a Jar (1 jar)
4. Chicken Caesar Wrap (1/2 wrap)
6. Over-Stuffed Veggie Sandwich (1 sandwich)
7. Asparagus Salad (about 2 cups)
Dinner Portion Control Menu Options
1. Skinny Lasagna Rolls (1 roll)
2. Slow Cooker Texas Chili (1 cup)
5. Slow Cooker Zucchini Ziti (3/4 cup)
7. Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce (1-1/2 cups plus sauce)
Discover healthy, delicious recipes in your inbox—subscribe to the SkinnyMs. newsletter today.
Transform the way you look and feel with the 8-Week Body Weight Makeover Program, which provides workouts that deliver results in just 2 months.