This challenge will burn fat and tone your body!
It’s amazing how effective walking can be toward dropping unwanted pounds and getting into shape. There are many different types of walking. The walking we’re focusing on is designed to burn fat and tone muscles. This challenge also works as a cardio workout to help your heart and lungs.
Equipment Needed: walking or running shoes, a safe place to perform the challenge, a watch or interval timer(Gymboss is a free app download)
What to Do:
• Warm up with the video below
• Perform the circuit below for 7 Days
• Choose your walk from the videos below
Walk as Fast as possible – 1 Minute
Walk Slow – 30 seconds
Repeat this circuit 20 times for a total of 30 minutes
• Eat a mini meal of complex carbohydrates before walking. Some ideas are oatmeal, quinoa, sweet potato or whole grain pasta
• Walk as fast as possible…as if you are walking with a purpose…FAST!!!
• Walk with arms at chest level, and swing them back to front to help with momentum
After the 7 Day Challenge is over, consider continuing with the same walking style, 5-6 days times each week.
Ready for more of a challenge? Check out the next levels to becoming a stronger walker and runner:
Slim Down with the Walk/Run Plan
30 Day Beginner’s Running Challenge
5K Running Guide for Absolute Beginners