Enjoy one of these tasty little bars any time of day!
This tasty bar is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. It’s full of healthy starch to give you lasting energy, unrefined sugars for sweetness, fiber for good digestion, and even omega-3s for your heart and brain. Its easy have a delicious treat and support your body at the same time!
Banana Blueberry Bars
- 1 cup dates pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 bananas peeled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries frozen
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a small bowl, soak dates in apple juice for 10-15 minutes. Lay a piece of parchment paper in a 9 x 9-inch baking pan, making sure the sides are covered. Cut slits in the corners of the paper so that the paper overlaps and is flat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix and set aside. Place bananas and vanilla extract into a blender. Remove dates from apple juice and set aside. Add the strained juice to the blender and blend until creamy. Add dates to the blender and pulse a few times so the dates are in small pieces.
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix until well combined. Stir in the blueberries and walnuts. Using a spatula, pour the batter into baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Find more SkinnyMs. breakfast recipes here!
If you love slow cooker recipes, you have to follow us on Facebook to browse through our impressive collection of recipes and videos!