Who doesn’t love big, fluffy pancakes for breakfast? Buckwheat pancakes are a great alternative to traditional pancake recipes you find on the back of a store-bought box. With a combination of whole wheat flour and buckwheat flour, this pancake recipe is stuffed with whole grains. Watch as these fluffy creations puff up before your eyes in the pan; it is a great pancake recipe to use for your weekend brunch!
And, instead of dosing your pancakes is sugary syrup, try these pancakes with our yummy Berry Sauce! Made with fresh berries and just a touch of local honey, you can feel good about your family pouring this delicious sauce all over their breakfast!
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 pancakes |Calories: 281 | Total Fat: 17.3 g | Saturated Fat: 14.1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 41 mg | Sodium: 320 mg | Carbohydrates: 29.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g | Sugars: 6.7 g | Protein: 6.1 g | SmartPoints: 13
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar, optional sucanat
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted (optional, pure unsalted butter)
- For Berry Sauce:
- 1 cup mixed berries (raspberries and strawberries)
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 tsp honey
- Begin with the Berry Sauce:
- In a saucepan, combine the mixed berries, water, and honey. Simmer the fruit while gently smashing with the back of a spoon. Allow to simmer until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool until ready to serve.
- For the Pancakes:
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Combine the egg, almond milk, and coconut oil in a separate bowl. Whisk until well combined. Pour into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until droplets of water sizzle on the service. Add a couple of drops of oil and pour ¼ cup of batter into the frying pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the batter’s surface. Gently flip and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.