Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce, much like salsa, originating from Argentina and Uragua. Typically, it is served over grilled meat, but you can use it as a marinade or condiment on almost anything. It has tangy and mildly spicy flavors, so it goes with almost anything! You’ll love our take on Chimichurri Sauce, since we’ve added cilantro and used fresh red chiles instead of flakes. Pro tip: make it a day ahead and let it sit overnight, so the flavors can meld together for the perfect sauce!
Serve our delicious Chimichurri Sauce over this Sweet Potato & Black Bean Pasty or add a pop to your next cookout and serve it as a condiment over your favorite grilled meats!
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 64 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Carbohydrates: 1g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 0g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve over favorite meat or pasty.
- For a smooth sauce, combine ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
Recipe adapted from Culinary Ginger.
What’s your favorite condiment for grilled meats? Share with us in the comments!