Dive into this scrumptious spectrum of colorful ingredients!
Cobb Salads typically are made with bacon. Our clean-eating cobb salad is made with whole foods and a delicious olive oil dressing.
Clean-Eating Cobb Salad
- 6 cups romaine heart lettuce chopped
- 2 avocados ripe, seeded and peeled, slice into 1 inch pieces
- 1 split chicken breast cooked, skin removed and cubed
- 2 tomatoes vine-ripe, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
this recipe is for how many servings?
Amy, 6 servings
1 chicken breast divided among 6 seems a bit skimpy. I guess you could double the chicken and 1/2 the avocado.
Can I use rotisserie chicken?
Alicia, You can, just keep in mind that most rotisserie chickens bought in the grocery are full of preservatives and other additives. I would recommend reading the label before purchasing.
How long will this keep in the fridge/ will the avocado brown?
Everything but the avocado will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge. Right, the avocado will start browning/oxidizing after a couple of hours so I would add avocado when serving:)
282 calories is for one serving? And one serving is one cup?
J Mah, A serving size, or 1/6 of the recipe, is about 2-1/4 cups including 1 cup of lettuce, and 1-1/4 cups toppings and dressing.
Very light and tasty salad.. I recommend you all to try !
Fantastic, Jennifer! We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed it! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
What should a person do if they cannot eat avocados? They do not agree with my stomach!
Jeanie, You can leave them out and the salad will still be delicious. 🙂