Transport your taste buds to a sunny day at the sea.
Just one bite of these crunchy crab cakes will transport your taste buds to a sunny day by the sea. Our recipe offers a mouthwatering combination of flavors thanks to bits of buttery crab enclosed in a flavorful crust. Zesty spices and fresh herbs add wonderful taste and plenty of vitamins and minerals.
Our irresistibly tangy lemon dill yogurt sauce bursts with rich flavors and complements the dish perfectly. Greek yogurt is the sauce’s main cream component, which gives it far fewer calories than most other crab cake sauces. Dig into the crispy, fluffy texture of our Crab Cakes with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce!
Crab Cakes with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 12 ounces lump crab meat cans, drained well, any shells removed
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain, low-fat
- 1 cup whole-wheat plain breadcrumbs or panko, divided
- 1/3 cup white whole-wheat flour divided
- 1/3 cup red bell peppers diced
- 2 eggs large, beaten and divided
- 1/3 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain, non-fat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dill fresh, chopped
- Pat the crab meat dry with paper towels. Shred the crab meat into strands. Combine crab meat, yogurt, half the breadcrumbs, half the flour, bell pepper, half the beaten eggs, celery, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, chives, and cilantro/parsley together. Place in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Shape into 3 to 4-inch hockey-puck sized disks, about one-inch thick each, and press each to smooth the edges.
- Place remaining beaten egg in one dish, remaining half cup breadcrumbs in another, and remaining flour in another dish. Handling carefully, dip a crab cake into the flour to coat on top, bottom, and sides of crab cakes, then the egg, allowing any excess egg to drip off, and finally the breadcrumbs to coat on all sides.
- Place a pan over medium heat with one tablespoon of the olive oil. Allow oil to warm until it is shimmering, about a minute.
- Working in batches, place about 4 of the crab cakes in the pan, they should not be touching. Cook until crisp on the bottom, for about 3 to 4 minutes, and carefully flip and cook on the other side for an additional 4 minutes until golden crisp. Place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the second batch.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Top crab cakes with a dollop of sauce on each or serve it on the side.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What recipes do you want to see on Skinny Ms.? Let us know what you think!