Our faces are attacked daily by various environmental factors, making exfoliation a key to great skin. If you have sensitive skin, many exfoliants can be abrasive and harmful to your skin. This all-natural DIY avocado face cleanser will purify and exfoliate your face without dangerous and unnecessary chemicals.
Key Ingredients & Why They Work:
Avocado – Avocados contain amazing benefits for the skin. The antioxidant properties will help combat free radicals, which are a major cause of wrinkles and skin damage. Vitamins C and E, along with various fatty acids, also help protect and firm the skin.
Eggs – Eggs are great for skin tightening, oil removal, and whitehead removal. The protein in eggs is also nourishing and healing.
Milk – Milk has lactic acid, which is an terrific natural exfoliator.
What to Do:
1. In a bowl mix 1 egg, 1 avocado (remove skin and pit) and 1/2 cup of whole milk. If you have a lactose intolerance, try a substitute milk variation.
2. Using a fork or whisk, mix the ingredients until they are smooth and even throughout.
3. Apple the mixture mixture on your face and neck. Gently massage it in for 2-3 minutes.
4. Use warm water to rinse off the mixture and pat your face dry with a clean towel.
5. Apply a natural moisturizer of your choice. 100% African Shea Butter is always a great option.
6. You can store any excess in the fridge. Be sure to air seal it tight.
Sources: Livestrong, eHow
A beautiful face needs beautiful skin to compliment it. Try some of our favorite DIY recipes:
DIY Coffee & Coconut Oil Cellulite Scrub
DIY Coffee Scrub for Fading Stretch Marks
DIY Lemon Brown Sugar Hand Scrub
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.