Simple to put together and easy to prep, making our veggie pizza takes only 20 minutes from start to finish. In fact, putting together this delicious pie is quicker and easier than delivery! The best part? This flatbread pizza recipe is easy to make for one, so you don’t have to invite an entire crowd over to enjoy!
We start with a round of premade multigrain naan, which is readily available in the deli or bread section of most grocery stores. Premade flatbread rounds also work like a charm. If you’re unable to find either naan or flatbread, feel free to pile everything on top of a spinach or multigrain tortilla. No matter what you use, the end result will be a personal-sized pizza that tastes like a Tuscan-style treat.
We’ve loaded up our flatbread with simple, healthy ingredients, each with a Mediterranean flair. A heaping dose of tomatoes, paired with fresh garlic, basil, olive oil, bell pepper, and mushrooms gives you a few servings of veggies, for a healthy lunch or dinner that’s packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. We add a bit of reduced fat Italian cheese for lean protein without the excess fat and calories. But you can swap out any of these ingredients for veggies you prefer! If zucchini is fresh at your local farmer’ market this week, pile it on. Craving a particular cheese? Sub it in! Get creative with this versatile and simple to customize recipe.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 pizza | Calories: 285 | Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 25 mg | Sodium: 405 mg | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints: 10 |
- 1 multi-grain flatbread, round or rectangular
- 1/3 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 2" slices
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place flatbread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread crushed tomatoes on top of the bread. Sprinkle with chopped garlic. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Sprinkle cheese, bell pepper, and mushrooms on top. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or just until the cheese begins to bubble and turn golden around edges. Remove and cool slightly. Garnish with fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!
We love feedback! Head to the comments section to let us know what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site.