The air is thick, heavy, and humid. You’ve had a long day and you know a little frozen refreshment will go along way. But you know that store bought ice cream is full of excess fat, cholesterol, and calories, and you suspect that you may be doing yourself in with the crunchy, sugary toppings at your local froze yogurt spot. Try our healthy frozen yogurt treats for a refreshing and cooling dessert that’s good for you.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 129 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 17 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds or almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, (more for a sweeter FroYo Bite)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups fresh chopped strawberries and/or raspberries
- 6-cup muffin tin and liners
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with silicone or parchment cupcake liners, or add directly to nonstick muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, stir together crushed almonds, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Spoon a small amount into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and honey. Spoon 2 tablespoons into each muffin cup, covering the crust.
- Top with fresh chopped berries. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours. To serve, remove from silicone wrapper and allow to set at room temperature for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Love quick and easy recipes? Want more? We need your feedback! Leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.