Craving Italian food? Olive Garden might immediately come to mind for delicious lunch options. However, it probably isn’t the healthiest choice, so we put together this Olive Garden Chicken Piadina CopyCat recipe. It has all the same delicious flavors as the restaurant version, but with fewer calories. We nixed the heavy Italian cream sauce in favor of silky mozzarella cheese. Since we cut down the fat, you can feel great about enjoying this flavorful flatbread sandwich.
First, garlic, oregano, and sun-dried tomatoes give this meal a classic Italian taste. Then, lean chicken breast and spinach load it up with protein and nutrients. So, what are you waiting for? Serve this alongside a tasty soup or salad for a wholesome dinner, or enjoy with a side of homemade chips for a simple lunch.
Yields: 4 slices | Serving size: 1 slice | Calories: 317 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 330mg | Carbohydrates: 41g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Protein: 17g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 2 large pieces flat bread
- 1 chicken breast, on the bone with skin (skin will be removed later)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, part-skim
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea
- 1/2 cup marinara for dipping, no sugar added
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken breasts skin side up in a small roasting pan. Roast for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and it reaches 165 degrees. Allow to cool until it can be handled. Remove skin and bone, then slice into thin strips.
- Combine mozzarella, shredded chicken, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, oregano, salt, and, pepper. Place one flat bread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread chicken mixture over flat bread, top with the other flat bread. Bake until hot and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to set for few minutes, then slice Piadina into 4 slices using a pizza wheel. Serve with marinara on the side for dipping.
What Olive Garden recipe would you like us to slim down? Leave a comment in the section below.