Pad Thai is a popular Asian dish that is both comforting and delicious, but not always easy to make at home. But restaurant versions are not always healthy, which is why we’ve put a twist on the traditional dish, with kale! If you can shred some veggies and whip up the delicious peanut flavored sauce to go with it, you can enjoy a kale salad dish that’s as satisfying as anything you’ll get from your favorite takeout place. Substitute almond butter for the peanut butter for a slightly different, yet equally delicious flavor.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups |Calories: 289| Total Fat: 18 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 955 mg | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 13 g | SmartPoints: 10
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, optional Tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Combine the kale, cabbage, peppers, onions, and peanuts in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Toss with the vegetables, and serve.
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.