Looking for something simple, refreshing, and delicious? Artichokes, believe it or not, make the perfect healthy snack, since they’re also an unexpected gold mine of health benefits! They have high levels of antioxidants and tons of fiber, so their properties aid in cancer prevention, digestive assistance, and more. Our Roasted Artichoke with Skinny Aioli recipe keeps this meal nice and simple so you can spend time enjoying it. Just lightly season and roast in the oven, then top them with our skinny garlic aioli.
You’ll love how tender the artichokes are and how much the natural flavor is allowed to shine thanks to good old salt, pepper, and lemon. Enjoy as an appetizer, a gourmet snack, or alongside your favorite chicken or fish for a complete meal!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 279 | Total Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 477mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints: 9
- 4 artichokes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare the artichokes by trimming off the tops of the leaves and cut them in half. Cut off the white, fibrous hairs and inner purple leaves.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil under each half, and drizzle them with olive oil. Cover each half with a slice of lemon, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then wrap up the artichoke halves in foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Whisk all the aioli ingredients together, olive oil last. Drizzle on top of artichokes.
Try these other SkinnyMs. recipes:
Let us know how these turn out for you! Leave us a comment in the section below.