Make-ahead and take to work. A new twist on a Mexican favorite.
We’ve all seen those tasty salad in a jar recipes on Pinterest. But sometimes a girl just needs something a bit more filling. Enter the Skinny Burrito in a Jar. Yes, we actually put a burrito in a jar.
This recipe is low in fat and calories, making it a smart choice for those watching the scale. But it also offers a generous 16 grams of protein—a must-have nutrient when it comes to building and maintaining muscle and bone.
Why love Skinny Burrito in a Jar?
It’s so easy! No cooking required, and you can mix the ingredients in under 5 minutes.
It’s a make-ahead! Make it Sunday, and then enjoy it for lunch on Monday.
It’s perfectly portioned! A ½-pint canning jar holds a 1-cup serving.
It does double-duty! Enjoy this healthy recipe straight from the jar or add it to a whole wheat wrap.
Skinny Burrito in a Jar
- 1 cup salsa no sugar added
- 15 ounces black beans canned, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese reduced fat, shredded
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt non fat, optional non-fat sour cream
- Evenly divide each ingredient into 4 (1/2 pint size) canning jars. Add ingredients in this order: 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 heaping cup black beans, 1/4 cup cheese, and 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream.
- Refrigerate for up to two days. Eat straight from the jar or add to a whole wheat wrap.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Have you tried our Luscious Grilled Shrimp Salad? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.