Our skinny mini bars clock in at 94 calories each and are made with four superfoods. Take these mini desserts to work and snack on one when that afternoon sweet craving hits. Our skinny mini desserts were created to encourage eating smaller portions while still enjoying your favorite treats. 100% of our desserts are clean eats. Check out these 3 skinny mini desserts: Strawberry Cheesecake, Banana Pudding, and Strawberries in Balsamic-Yogurt Sauce.
Watch this video to see how to make Quinoa Almond Joy Bars.
Yields: 14 mini bars or balls | Serving Size: 1 mini bar | Calories: 94 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Sodium: 2 mg | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 4 |
- 1/3 cup (dry) quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 12 whole dates, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup whole almonds with skins (optional 1/2 coarse almond meal)
- 1/2 cup finely grated coconut
- 2 - 3 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, (for gluten-free chips we used Enjoy LIfe)
- Add quinoa and water to a small saucepan, cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook approximately 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate at least 2 hours...overnight will work. One cup cooked quinoa can be used if already made.
- Add dates, almonds, coconut, and cooked quinoa to the food processor and pulse until ingredients are well combined and a ball forms. Return ingredients to the mixing bowl, and add one teaspoon of water at a time, until mixture holds together. Shape into 14 - mini bars.
- In a small saucepan, add chocolate chips and melt over low-heat or in a double-boiler. Drizzle warm chocolate over each bar. Refrigerator and allow chocolate to harden. Bars can be stored in an airtight container for several days or frozen in a freezer safe dish.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.