Few foods bring on such positive feelings of goodwill and fellowship quite like barbecue. The trouble is, traditional barbecue foods are often loaded with extra fat and calories, leaving you feeling anything but good. Luckily, there’s a way to enjoy your favorite outdoor summer dishes and feel good about what you’re putting into your body. Our Skinny Ms Barbecue Sauce is made with only 100% clean ingredients, tastes fabulous, and goes great on our Spicy Barbecue Chicken, our Barbecue Pulled Chicken, or any other food you want to slap on the grill.
Yield: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup |Calories:66 | Total Fat: 2.0 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 170 mg | Carbohydrates: 12.4 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g | Sugars: 10.6 g | Protein: 0.8 g | SmartPoints: 3
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (use white balsamic vinegar for gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- In a medium sauce pan add canola oil, turn to medium-low heat and sauté onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 additional minute. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and simmer until sauce has thickened, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.