All you need is a slow cooker and 5 ingredients to create this creamy, spicy, and tangy dish
All you need is a slow cooker and 5 ingredients to create a creamy, spicy, and tangy dish your family will love! Our Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken gets spice from jalapenos and chili powder, tang from salsa verde, and creaminess from Greek yogurt. Best of all, you just throw it all in your slow cooker and let it do the work until the chicken is tender, juicy, and flavorful. This dish is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, so it’s perfect for anyone trying to eat clean. And since the Greek yogurt even adds extra protein, you’ll love adding it to your menu rotation.
After shredding the chicken, you can use it in any number of ways! In tacos, over rice, in a salad—however you like! You can even roll it up in tortillas and use the sauce to make enchiladas.
Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces salsa verde jar
- 1 jalapeno deseeded, deveined, and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the yogurt. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and shred it. Then return the chicken, plus the Greek yogurt, to the slow cooker. Mix together and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other SkinnyMs. recipes you might enjoy:
What other recipes would you like us to recreate into 5-ingredients or less? Let us know in the comment section below!